Thursday 11 February 2010

Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 in Pear…

While walking around Bangsar Shopping Centre a few weeks back, I happened to go into the Kiehl’s outlet and found out that their Limited Edition flavoured lip balms from Christmas were going at just RM35 each. From experience, I found that Kiehl’s does a lovely rendition of Pear, which led to a purchase of this little baby here.


Description:
Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 is a SPF 4 sunscreen petrolatum skin protectant that temporarily protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips as well as helps protect lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather. Apply liberally to lips and allow an excess of the balm to be absorbed.

The Verdict:
After taking a whiff of the pear lip balm, I’m hooked – it smells exactly like the Pear Tree Corner Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser I got a few months back, and oh, a heavenly smell that is. The balm itself is great for soothing chapped lips, and actually comes out smelling and looking like pear jelly, not unlike the baby food you buy at the supermarket in jars.

Texture-wise it goes on baby smooth, and if my lips are dry or chapped (which usually happens when I haven’t drunk enough water) it brings almost immediate relief. The only downside to this is the scent…it smells so yummy I can’t help but lick it off ever so often! :D Otherwise, if I leave it alone it holds up pretty well and application twice a day gives me nice smooth lips.

Incidentally, I’ve also tried mixing a bit of it with salt and using it as a lip scrub – and I’d really recommend it for anyone who’s got flaky lips! The combination works wonders, not to mention leaves my lips nicely prepped for just a smidgen of gloss for that ‘you know you want to try it’ look… ;)


Kiehl’s Limited Edition Christmas Lip Balms include Cranberry and Mint in the mix – Cranberry was sold out at the BSC outlet, but may still be available at other outlets, while Mint is still readily available.


While browsing the Kiehl’s international website, I came across three new flavours that have just been released – Mango, Vanilla and Coconut. I’m wondering what the Mango will be like…and I know certain people will be bonkers for the Vanilla one given their penchant for that flavour. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see! :D


Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 retails at RM39, while the Limited Edition flavours are available at RM35 each while stocks last.


Rating: 4 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:29 pm, February 11, 2010 , Blogger Lavender said...

I think that you really love lip balm! This lip balm looks good.

 
At 1:14 am, February 12, 2010 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

how very tempting! I wouldn't mind the Vanilla or Mint one at all!
Although a lip balm is the last thing I need at the moment.

 
At 5:06 pm, February 12, 2010 , Anonymous gio said...

Thanks for the review. This lip balm sounds nice.

 
At 11:05 pm, February 12, 2010 , Anonymous xin said...

yumm i think i might like the vanilla's one, i might lick it off all the time too. LOL.

p/s: happy cny to u! get more angpow!

 
At 12:45 pm, March 01, 2010 , Blogger beetrice said...

lavender: it's pretty nice - definitely firmly in my bag at the moment!

connie: hehe...I think you'd be more a Mint one.. ;) can never have too many, right?

gio: I think you'd be the first to get the new flavours - lemme know if you try them yeah?

xin: downside of having something so yummy, but we can definitely deal with it rite? ;)

 
At 4:05 am, April 02, 2010 , Anonymous Sharon said...

Kiehl's lip balm #1 is my HG lip balm.. its really good.. The mango one tastes delicious too...

I am giving away 2 Kiehl's lip balms and 1 Kiehl's lip gloss.. Check this out:

http://sharonandheradventures.blogspot.com/2010/04/sharing-my-love-for-kiehls-products.html

 
At 2:24 am, April 16, 2010 , Blogger Sharon said...

Thanks for your review.. Kiehl's lip balm in pear seem yummy.. I tried the mango 1, and its like great too... It really a lot cheaper in Malaysia than Singapore.

Do you have any idea which shopping centre in Johor Bahru has Kiehl's outlet? I have been to Tebrau City Jusco, and only saw MAC, Bobbi Brown, and a few others but Kiehl's

Cheers,
Sharon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home