Monday 30 November 2009

When Men and Dolls Meet…

Who do you think of when we talk about someone who doesn’t look a day close to her age? Sophia Loren? Goldie Hawn? Judi Dench? This doll really takes the cake…but then again, she’s plastic so that doesn’t count right? :D I’m sure all of us would have had at least one Barbie doll while growing up (I know I was pretty obsessed with trying to accumulate as huge a wardrobe as I could for her back then!) And if you’re wondering, yup, I still have my collection in my room…somewhere…


But that’s for another day – now this is something I reckon most of us would be able to appreciate (if not the overly pink in-your-face ones, the more shopping-centric ones would!) Thomas Sabo has designed a lovely collection of charms to commemorate Barbie’s 50th Anniversary. I must admit, for a guy, he's definitely managed to capture all the things that go into making Barbie...I wonder why that is? ;)


I can so imagine wearing these as a pendant or hanging them on my keychain…sigh…now, I’m not one for overdosing on the pink, but the “shopaholic” ones are right up my alley! :D


In love with charm bracelets, anyone? *drool*


I wonder if we will ever be able to see them in the flesh (figuratively speaking of course!) here, since as far as I know they’re only being marketed overseas. You can however buy them online on the Thomas Sabo website. Some early Christmas shopping is in order perhaps?

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:13 pm, November 30, 2009 , Anonymous andrea said...

this is so wierd.. i thought i saw you at a japanese restaurant last night

 
At 1:41 pm, November 30, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

wow..I love it!!!! I want the bracelet!!!!

 
At 2:29 pm, November 30, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

andrea: haha...I did have Japanese last night.. :p were you having hot plate or something?

askmewhats: the bracelet is so you.. :D I especially love the silver one with the cameo pic...sigh...

 
At 2:34 pm, November 30, 2009 , Anonymous Paris B said...

ahaha... Hate barbie except barbie-que haha... never had one and never will :P BUT that bag charm is pretty cute :)

 
At 4:45 pm, November 30, 2009 , Blogger Lilian said...

Hey babe,

I'm one of your follower.
Love the title you put, make me so curious to read.
Thanks for the sharing.
Do visit me @
methecontradiction.blogspot.com

Cheers!
Li Lian

 
At 12:17 am, December 01, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

parisb: cute right?? but sigh, will have to really save up for it.. :s

lilian: you're welcome, thanks for the support! :D

 
At 4:50 am, December 02, 2009 , Anonymous gio said...

I love those charmes, they are so pretty!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home