Wednesday 25 November 2009

Shopping Down South and Back…

Yay…it’s already Wednesday! :D Only one more day to go before the three-day weekend…and there will be quite a few of those coming up in December…*bliss*…last weekend was spent on a whirlwind trip down to Singapore and back just because, as well as catching up with some friends and cousins over the past couple of days – all in all time well spent!

But that’s not all this is about…hehe…I managed to do a tiny bit of shopping as well as collect some birthday tokens along the way…always an added bonus!


The one thing I never fail to do every Nov/Dec is pick up a Paperchase diary for the coming year – I found out early on that Borders never stocks them in the Malaysia outlets, and the closest place I can get them is at the Borders in Singapore. Next year should be a good one…it’s purple and silver with butterflies!! How not to love it you tell me?


Kotex has just launched their Luxe range in Singapore as well as Malaysia! Gosh, it’s about time…I saw it out in Australia quite some time back already. For those who love collectibles (or if you’re just a pack rat like me!) their limited edition packs of 5 in a cute tin is retailing for just RM3.90 in Malaysia (SGD1.95 if you’re in Singapore) Couldn’t resist picking up a tin just because it looked cute…*whoops*


Just another bottle of shampoo…or is it? You’re probably wondering why I went all the way to Singapore to buy shampoo? Well, it’s not just any variant of Clairol Herbal Essences – it’s the So Shiny variant infused with (Kahani’s so going to break into my house when she reads this) GRAPEFRUIT, and it smells absolutely divine! This huge 750ml bottle cost me SGD10.50, which is pretty decent. It’s not openly available either – from what I can tell on the label, it’s a variant that’s only available in China…which probably explains why I only found it at this shop in Chinatown…score! :D

I also bought the December issue of STYLE magazine in Singapore, which came with a free passport cover – I picked out one in bright cherry red (there was also silver and bronze available) but before you ask, I only have one passport, hence only bought one copy…not as mad as to buy three copies of the magazine just to collect all three colours…LOL!

On a more recent note, I also happened to swing by 1 Utama yesterday to have dinner with my cousin. Since she was running late, I decided to wander around Jusco (they’re currently having their members day) and collected a couple of belated birthday perks too!


Earlier this month, Lancome sent me a SMS for my birthday, telling me there was a small gift waiting for me at the Jusco BU Lancome counter – it turned out to be a 30ml tube of Miracle body lotion. Not too bad, at least it can go into my bag for my next trip. :D And I just so happened to bump into Xin while at the Lancome counter too! LOL…


Diamond & Platinum also sent a birthday card late last month, together with a voucher to collect a Laniege trial kit worth RM155 (given out to members – LOL don’t ask how much jewelry I buy!)


Finally collected it – it’s a Laniege Hydra Solution Trial kit, but a rather tiny one at that! Can’t imagine this tiny thing is worth RM155…hmmm…but hey, trial sizes are good especially since I’m headed to Bangkok next month…*grins*

Also managed to pick up a pair of peep-toe black heels which were 20% off at Vincci (every store in 1 Utama was just riding on the coattails of the Jusco sale) so I managed to satisfy my shopping urges and went home with quite a few items without actually spending too much. :D

Labels: , , ,

11 Comments:

At 5:27 pm, November 25, 2009 , Blogger Kahani said...

so darling. I know you live nearby but what's your addy again? =P

Can decant a smaaaalll bottle for me so I can smell? And fall in love? And then go beserk trying to find it?

 
At 6:23 pm, November 25, 2009 , Anonymous Paris B said...

ARGH! I knew I wanted you to help me pick something up - the diary! :P But I'm going back to my filofax next year - so 80's :P Great hauls all in all though I would have liked a passport cover too teehee... so maybe picking up 3 copies of mag to get 3 colors isn't quite as crazy as you think ;)

 
At 9:41 pm, November 25, 2009 , Blogger SerraQuaL said...

Hi! So you manage to get the Laniege trial kit from D&P. My bf got the very same voucher for his bday in Oct, I went to redeem it, but the fella in the store (in Penang) told me they ran out of stock! I was furious mad. I think they 'sapu-ed' it all for themselves! hrmmph!

Anyway, can't wait for your review on it :)

 
At 12:18 am, November 26, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

that diary is GORGEOUS!! I wouldn't have resisted either

 
At 8:48 am, November 26, 2009 , Anonymous xin said...

i have a habit of writing diary too...*hint hint*

thank goodness the Jusco sales crowd was not too crazy that night, chai bought quite some stuff, we redeemed RM50 cash vouchers..LOL.

 
At 9:54 am, November 26, 2009 , Blogger plue said...

diary is pretty! :D

i went to redeem my Laneige trial set, but OOS. they gave me some other samples instead :P not sure if it's worth rm155 or not~

 
At 12:08 am, December 01, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

kahani: LOL..even if you remember, good luck trying to get past my pooches! :D

can lah, already decanted a small bottle - remind me to pass to you next time we meet k? :)

parisb: well, if you still want I can always get my cousin to buy cos she's coming up to KL next wk - lemme know?

serraqual: the first time I went, it was also out of stock but the SA told me to come back the next week to collect. will probably get to it once I finish my latest round of skincare! :D

connie: heehee..very me hor? ;) btw, I got some *cough* candy canes too...LOL!

xin: haha..err, what hint? ;) not bad also lor, can redeem that much on vouchers - I didn't get anything also...aihh...so wasted!

plue: didn't know they had other samples at the outlet - the rep tried to give me some other little garish trinket instead, but I insisted to wait for the trial set.

 
At 12:26 am, December 03, 2009 , Blogger CheaYee said...

oh nice.. that u got stuff for ur birthday ^^

oh, i never realised that even redeeming birthday vouchers may have issues-- i thought they'd actually reserve it for you...

*so innocent* :-P

 
At 9:01 pm, April 12, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there, sorry to barge in. I am in Singapore and v keen to buy this shampoo. Can you pls tell me where exactly you nabbed this? Many thanks :D

 
At 9:44 am, April 13, 2010 , Blogger beetrice said...

anonymous: hey there, no worries at all - you can pick it up at swansons near the chinatown mrt.. :)

 
At 9:39 pm, April 13, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh Swansons... ok I know where to look now. Thanks!! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home