Friday 31 July 2009

Garnier Aqua Defense Non Stop Intensive Moisturising Essence…

Times like this I really wonder how beneficial following other blogs are – especially when they lead to the purchase of yet another “I-want-this-but-I’m-not-sure-but-she’s-said-nice-things-about-it-so-why-not?” product…the latest being Garnier’s Aqua Defense Non Stop Intensive Moisturising Essence (it’s such a mouthful to say, so I’m sticking to Aqua Defense Essence from here on out)

It all started with Paris, who wrote about the Garnier Aqua Defense Essence and its comparison alongside ~H2O+ Face Oasis. Since I had already tried Face Oasis previously, I was intrigued to see if this was really as good as it promised. Paris suggested that I try a bit first, and generously decanted some into a small pot for me to try out.

Well, it turned out to be a disastrous experience…for my wallet, that is! After finishing the sample, I quite literally hightailed it to the nearest pharmacy to get myself a jar (PB, we have to stop doing this! LOL…you know my weakness to resist products like these!)

Description:
Enriched with anti-oxidants, Fruit Waters and Vitamin E, Garnier Aqua Defense builds an invisible barrier on your skin which instantly replenishes moisture and repels external aggressions and free radicals. Grape water contains sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium and zinc to help protect skin from damage caused by free radicals; apple water is renowned for its anti-oxidant action and natural Vitamin E effectively smoothes the skin and protects skin from cellular damage. Garnier Aqua Defense Essence deeply penetrates to instantly replenish moisture, leaving skin hydrated, smooth and protected all day.

The Verdict:
Judging from my reaction after trying the sample? :D The jar comes with an inside lid, which I find helps to keep it together and prevents spillage of the product. PB was right though – the smell when I opened the lid was refreshingly….fresh? LOL…it does smell somewhat of green apples, but very light and airy at that.

Texture-wise, the Aqua Defense Essence resembles a moderate gel – not too thick not liquidy, and is absorbed quite rapidly into my skin. There is just the slightest trace of stickiness after application, but this dissipates quickly. I’ve found myself getting more and more attached to this the more I use it, and at the affordable price, it won’t be hard to sustain this luxury!

Better yet, my oil-slick skin loves this formula. To be honest, I have extremely oily skin, but it doesn’t show. The true test is when I take out my oil-absorbing sheet (the Gatsby ones are always the acid test!). Those who have seen the results are usually astounded – I can use up to two whole sheets at a time, and my skin didn’t even look oily to begin with!

Got a bit carried away there, but the point is that after using the Aqua Defense Essence, the oiliness has gone down somewhat. Now, the formula is not meant to control oil, but somehow when I use this, my skin doesn’t produce as much oil during the day as it does when I’m using my Clinique Moisture Surge. I wonder why…?

According to Paris, the Aqua Defense Essence can also be used as a mask, although I have yet to try that out. However, I’m loving the effects so far, and am happily plowing my way through the jar. Face Oasis was great, but by price comparison Aqua Defense Essence is a lot lighter on the pocket. Now if only someone could replicate the scent from this and turn it into a fragrance, I’d be more than happy to try that too! (but please, don’t tell me to get DKNY’s Delicious – I already have it and it’s not the same, really!)


Garnier’s Aqua Defense Non Stop Intensive Moisturising Essence is available at all major pharmacies and retails at RM19.80 for a 50ml jar. For more info, you can also check out the Singapore site for Aqua Defense here.


Rating: 4.5 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 3:47 pm, July 31, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I haven't seen them down here, maybe I am not looking closely enough! thanks for the review!!!!

 
At 5:08 pm, July 31, 2009 , Blogger plue said...

me like this too!
actually have scheduled a review about it dy :P
tee hee! but the body lotion is disastrous! >_<
love the scent btw!

 
At 5:08 pm, July 31, 2009 , Anonymous Tine said...

After reading PB's review, I headed to Priceline and Chemist Warehouse to get it, but I found out that the Aqua Defense range isn't available here :(

 
At 6:19 pm, July 31, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

*sighs* I wanted this to work for me so badly because I really liked H20 but i won't allow myself to buy a jar. Lol

I got a wee bit of rash from this :(

so glad it works for you girls though!!

 
At 11:25 pm, July 31, 2009 , Blogger Kahani said...

ARGH! Now I SO want this... someone give me a sample, pretty please?

 
At 1:54 am, August 01, 2009 , Anonymous Jyoan said...

hmmm, I had the exact same thought that this can be used as an overnight mask. Does it match up against Laneige Water Sleeping Pack Plus? It would be a huge plus if it does, cos this is only a fraction of Laneige's.

 
At 12:38 pm, August 01, 2009 , Anonymous rinnah said...

Oho! You love it! LOL.

I'm so gonna get this after I finish off the last dredges of my Lancome Hydra Zen in office. :)

 
At 12:22 am, August 02, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow I didn't like it when i took some from the sample jar. Or maybe that jar was bad?

abby

 
At 1:28 am, August 03, 2009 , Blogger theotherworldly said...

Hi, I got this after PB and your rave but it gave this really burning sensation when applied ... maybe it's the alcohol not sitting well with my sensitive skin. :(

 
At 4:42 pm, August 03, 2009 , Anonymous prettybeautiful said...

i tried it so many times at guardian, but nv buy it, i need someone with sensitive skin to test run it first :P

 
At 1:55 am, August 07, 2009 , Blogger Meng Xue said...

I tried from the sample jar on my right cheek. I have ultra sensitive skin, and I didn't break out after that. Pretty surprised, I do breakout immediately for unsuitable products. But for long term use, I am not sure if will break out or not.

 
At 12:53 pm, August 07, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: oo I hope they have it in PH, want to know what you think of it! :)

plue: oh dear, thanks for the heads up on the body lotion though!

tine: well, if you really want it drop me a mail k? ;)

connie: oh no...maybe it's the green apple bit?

kahani: I'll decant some out and pass to you when we meet :)

jyoan: hi jyoan, I haven't tried Laniege yet, but this works great as an overnight mask too. well worth checking out. :)

rinnah: LOL..yeap!! now you know why I was so 'gian' to get it.. :D

abby: I didn't like the bit I tried from the sample jar either - I realised that they sometimes place the sample jar quite near the display lights which isn't good for the contents. maybe try looking for a jar that is kept on a cool shelf among the other products? :) good luck!

theotherworldly: sorry to hear that..I've heard there can be a very slight tingling sensation while using it, but definitely not burning.

prettybeautiful: hehe..maybe you should just bite the bullet and give it a try? ;)

meng xue: if it didn't break you out, it may be worth looking at. mine hasn't had any adverse effects yet, and I'm close to finishing my jar already.. :) let me know if it works for you?

 
At 4:36 pm, July 22, 2010 , Anonymous Cherrie said...

I too have oily skin especially after 2-3 hours after a bath despite in an air condition room^^. I used Gatsby oil absorbing sheet and to my horror most of the time, the sheet was filled. I suffer from visible pores, redness, acne and scars at my cheeks and have been aiming at this product for quite some time. My main concern is will it make my face more oily? What do you feel about this product after using it for quite some time? Is it still satisfactory?

 
At 1:16 pm, July 01, 2012 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That anna Sui secret wish perfume smells exactly like this gel, try that

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home