Wednesday 8 July 2009

Browhaus @ Raffles City Singapore…

For someone who didn’t give two hoots about her eyebrows, I’m pretty aware of them now. Not that I obsessively go for brow grooming (come to think of it, it’s been quite a while since anyone’s done anything to my brows) but I’m always dealing with the hairs that dare spring up…LOL…

Amazingly, I’d never gone for threading before – always opted for the conventional way of plucking. When I was in Singapore last month, I met up with a friend at Raffles City and she decided to treat me to a brow threading session since she was having one done as well.


Before, not quite a mess but still in need of help!

According to Browhaus:
How your face looks is never dependent on a mood or a whim because as the old saying goes, ‘Your face is your fortune’. That’s why we’ve decided to bring you the solution for all your brow-tidy problems. Browhaus – no, it’s not the next door microbrewery – it’s a place for ladies (and men) to go to be plucked, tweezed, threaded and waxed thoroughly so that your face can enjoy the virtues of a tidy brow that has shape, volume and panache.

The Verdict:
I had threading and tweezing done on my eyebrows as well as my upper lip area. The chair used is relatively comfortable, and the staff there are definitely quite well trained. There was minimal discomfort during the threading, and just slight twinges during the tweezing portion. The entire session took about 20 minutes or so, with some cooling gel applied afterwards to minimize swelling and redness.

It could be just me, but I felt that the people at the Browhaus at Raffles City were rather cold. Throughout the session, the person doing my eyebrows didn’t say anything apart from giving me instructions on how to pull or move my skin during her threading, or only when I asked a question.

And as always, the sell part came after the session, asking me to go for their ‘brow resurfacing’ treatment which cost a whopping SGD800! Yikes…thanks, but no thanks. To my relief, their spiel stopped abruptly after I told them I wasn’t local, but it makes me wonder how much longer it would have gone on otherwise.

However, I found that the results were pretty good – and almost three weeks later, only small stray hairs have made an appearance which I can easily deal with. Overall, it was pretty good…now just tell me why they’re not available in Malaysia? :)


Brow shaping – threading and tweezing is SGD20, while threading for the upper lip is SGD6 (it’s cheaper if you purchase a package) The latest Browhaus menu (in PDF format) can be downloaded here. Browhaus has 7 outlets throughout Singapore, as well as branches in Jakarta, Dubai and Manila.

Browhaus Raffles
252 North Bridge Road
Raffles City Shopping Centre
#B1-19, Singapore 179103
Tel: +65 6337 0070


Rating: 4 / 5
Value: $$

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1:14 pm, July 08, 2009 , Anonymous mel.m said...

hey there!
i've been reading you reviews for some time now..

You can get you brows done here too...
at bangsar or at centre point.

 
At 8:15 pm, July 08, 2009 , Anonymous rosyrose said...

hi bee! why dun u get ur brows threaded in bangsar? i've always frequented vaani's(same row as mcd's jalan telawi) it's a lil pricier than the other places but they're good and friendly too! hv a look at www.vaanis.com

 
At 9:09 pm, July 08, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

yay for your brows! but your brows are quiet neat to start with :) But the final effect is so neat!! But I am not impressed with the sales tactic :)

 
At 11:14 pm, July 08, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's a lot of places to do threading. Theres few places in Bangsar, theres 1 in Uptown, and few in Ampang. Price ranges as cheap as RM 5-10 for threading

-grape

 
At 2:45 pm, March 16, 2011 , Blogger Alice said...

Hi, you gals be very careful when these people sell you the packages. I am trapped in one of those.. brow resuurection package. I bought 2 packages at $1700 for brow resuurection, one for myself and the other for my daughter. after signing up and payment. They ask my daughter to sign a Indemnity form which says that if you have the following medical conditions: Epilepy,chronic heart problems,high blood pressure,pregnancy,eczema or psoriosis.Browhaus STRONGLY discourages customers to undergo brow resurrestion. I was shock because I have eczema and I wanted a refund but the manager said he will have to report it to the management and will let me know the outcome but he suggests i change it to other packages which i do not intend to purchase. I am still waiting

for their reply. There is also hidden charges which they did not disclose at the time of purchase, eg the brow resurrection is to last btw 18 months to 2 years, after the procedure they inform my daughter she have to purchase a package of lotions to mask the brow and maintain the colour at $160, so if you don,t want buy the lotion you can't blame them if the colour fades prematurely.

 
At 3:03 pm, August 14, 2012 , Blogger Unknown said...

Never go there! Just did my lash extension and did a terrible job. Got a China women to do for me and job is even worse then I got from Far east plaza at $65. Waste my $130 and both eyes looked different.All about her pushy talks packages eyebrow job n blar blar blar. Now even a simple job can't handle well. Not even interested to turn up for the free touch up.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home