Sunday 28 June 2009

And…I’m BACK! :)

Hello hello ladies!! Missed me? Thanks for your patience over the past two weeks – I’ve been dying to post up stuff on the go, but somehow life got in the way! :D My Lenovo S10 performed admirably, but I was so caught up shopping and meeting up with friends that at the end of the day I just KOed…eeps!

MadAboutSprees and Rin, so sorry about not being able to reply your messages...it wasn’t till the day before I left that I saw them, but hey, email me your numbers – I’ll hopefully be dropping by again before the GSS is over...hehe...

Just to share with you all a few highlights of the trip (although there are plenty for sure!)

Clarke Quay – a must go at night, especially since they had the Read Bridge Spectacular going on with plenty of night activities…

Fancy a gravity shot into space or a HUGE swing? I didn’t go, but it looked like a total blast (pardon the pun!)


Part of the entertainment that night – water gymnastics of a different kind…in huge bubbles!

Looks idyllic doesn’t it? Hehe…I also managed to squeeze in a quick trip to Batam – this was taken from the ferry as we were docking. And boy, things were quite cheap there too! I had a fab 2-hr aromatherapy oil massage for Rp.150,000 (works out to approx. RM50!!) not to mention got to try authentic Ayam Penyet too… :D

If that wasn’t enough, I am also back with newly-threaded brows done at Browhaus Raffles City (more on their services soon) courtesy of an old college friend EL…and this was just after I had had lunch with my aunt and cousin at – are you ready for this – Equinox, the restaurant on the 70th floor of Swissotel The Stamford. By the way, you get an awesome view of the Singapore Flyer and Singapore’s upcoming Integrated Resort from up there!

I finally got the chance to meet my friend’s baby (well, now toddler!)…this was the first time I’d seen her son, and gosh, he’s such a splitting image of his dad. And talk about a cool name – Zia (pronounced Zay-ah)

And if there’s one thing that I realized about Singapore, it’s that there’s a LOT of PSAs around advising people on socially acceptable behaviour, the most hilarious being the two I saw below (personally, I think these two should be implemented in Malaysia!)

The perennial problem of being courteous enough to let people OUT of trains before getting on – actually, this would extend to elevators too! But Phua Chu Kang is just hilarious lah...I laughed until my sides hurt when I first saw his video on “A Happy Journey Starts Like That”.

Maybe if we started putting these up in public toilets locally, people would stop squatting on toilet bowls? Somehow I’m a bit doubtful, but hey, it’s worth a try...if not a good laugh... :)

Of course, one of the main reasons I was in Singapore was for the Great Singapore Sale, and it certainly did not disappoint. This is just a sampler of the clothes I bought – and yes, I’m trying to move away from wearing a lot of black, hence a brighter selection of items...hehe...more pics of my other purchases coming up soon!


So, what’s been happening since I was gone? What’ve you all been up to eh? :)

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 12:20 am, June 29, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Welcome back dear! Looks like you had your "blast"!

Now now, i will be going early next month. Do spill the beans on where to go, shop, eat, visit! Brands to buy also!

Bought any skin care and makeup?

Glad you had fun! Batam is in Indonesia? Please give us the name of the massage place you went to.

Thanks.

abby

 
At 4:33 pm, June 29, 2009 , Anonymous prettybeautiful said...

welcome back my dear! must be loads loads and loads of fun in singkapo eh? :D cant wait to see your other loot!

 
At 6:25 pm, June 29, 2009 , Anonymous rinnah said...

Welcome back bee!

Looks like your trip was loads of fun, eh? Faster update more so I can live vicariously through you! :P

 
At 6:46 pm, June 29, 2009 , Blogger Stephanie / Yukaeshi said...

The "Do not squat on toilet bowls" PSA is on toilets in Ikano/Ikea + Curve, etc, if I'm not mistaken. I'm very sure that the toilets in Ikano/Ikea have it, though.

 
At 8:55 pm, June 29, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

welcome back, bee!! That's hardly your haul. LOL!! Can't wait to catch up. make sure you gots no sniffles k?
:p Zia looks cool.

 
At 10:04 pm, June 30, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

abby: oh gosh, where do I start? ok quick list...for shopping - robinsons, bugis junction, tangs, MNG and club marc...for food - cafe cartel pork ribs, the soup spoon, jones the grocer...imported brands are much cheaper there! :)

in batam, the massage place I went to is Sawadika at Nagoya Hill. hope that helps! :)

prettybeautiful: all in due time babe!! :)

rinnah: updating updating, but the internet isn't as fast as me! LOL...

stephanie/yukaeshi: i've seen the "don't squat on toilet bowls" bit, but this is the first time it's been put across so funnily...hehe...

connie: nah no sniffles, just lack of sleep! :D

 
At 1:56 am, July 01, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg....where is club marc? *must check* and i have never heard of those foodie places! thanks!

abby

 
At 2:45 am, July 03, 2009 , Blogger Stephanie / Yukaeshi said...

The PSA is exactly like the one you posted up ;)

 
At 12:59 pm, July 03, 2009 , Blogger daphne said...

hey hey... MadAboutSprees is me! ('ve got 2 a/cs and sometimes, just too lazy to switch back =P). will email u using my office email cos i hardly check gmail now! :P

 
At 8:48 pm, July 04, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

abby: good luck, and have fun!

stephanie/yukaeshi: ok, shows just how often i go to public toilets...hehe..will have to take a look then..thanks!

daphne: whoops! sorry babe...brain still on holiday! :p *sheepish*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home