Sunday 7 June 2009

Pretty pretty…

While walking in Metrojaya the other day, I had some vouchers to use and was browsing for a handbag. I’m not sure why, but some seasons designers can get things so right (making you want to buy up entire collections!) but some where they get it so wrong (let’s not go there).


However, this little baby from David Jones caught my eye…interesting texture and felt nice to carry!


The inside of the bag was just so adorable – it sure beat having a solid colour interior.



There was one thing that bothered me about it though…it may be fashionable to have these dominatrix-esque tassels, but that look is just not me. So what to do? Do a little modification of course!

I had gotten this pretty leather flower clip from my (well, now former) boss for Christmas, and thought it would work quite well with the rest of the bag. I loved the tasseled leaves!




Didn’t take long either – took me all of two minutes to pry off the existing tassel loops and link on the leather clip. I dunno about the rest of you, but I like it… :D

PS: Better yet, this baby was on 50% discount! After deducting the discount and my vouchers, I ended up paying just RM30 for it...*grins*

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 4:06 pm, June 07, 2009 , Anonymous Shuu said...

the flower clip makes the bag looks more lovely :D Nice bag anyway!

 
At 5:22 pm, June 07, 2009 , Blogger plue said...

the bag is pretty! ^_^

it's a while since i've gone shopping for anything other than MU and skincare :P

 
At 5:29 pm, June 07, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

wow that's very pretty!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 5:43 pm, June 07, 2009 , Blogger LyNn said...

wow.. super worth it.
rm 30 only after deduction and all
:D

 
At 9:47 pm, June 07, 2009 , Blogger PB said...

I love how the flower adds a pop of color so its not so dire. Excellent modification babe! :D

 
At 6:18 pm, June 08, 2009 , Anonymous rinnah said...

Love the way you've personalized the bag, bee!

 
At 7:51 pm, June 08, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

whee! so pretty! The charm that came with the bag was definitely too... as you say... hehe. Luckily didn't steal the charm from the other bag :p this one looks a lot nicer!

 
At 4:09 pm, June 09, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

shuu: thanks! :)

plue: hehe...maybe it's time to start? ;)

askmewhats: thanks babe! :)

lynn: definitely very worth it! :D

parisb: thanks babe..I loved the flower, so it was just nice.. :)

rinnah: thanks dearie!

connie: haha..hey, at least I got the black instead of the one in lame gold! :p

 
At 10:51 pm, June 23, 2009 , Blogger Meldee said...

I LOL-ed at how different the bag charms were, before and after! Good one though, I love bright colours too :D

 
At 10:10 pm, June 30, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

meldee: from dominatrix to demure? LOL.. :D

 
At 11:59 pm, September 05, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I quite like this bag, it's a nice practical looking black handbag. I dint know of this brand was selling here. Or maybe because I hardly go into Metrojaya.. do u knw where else they have it, is it only there that they carry this brand? (so far i've just stuck to parkson ;) gotta go and explore out. Wonder if they stil have this!

Merra

 
At 12:44 pm, September 07, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

merra: hey merra, not sure but I think so far Metrojaya is the only one that carries this. I'm sure you'll be able to find one you love! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home