Sunday 26 October 2008

Stila @ Metrojaya Warehouse sale…

Whoa…I checked out the Metrojaya Warehouse sale on Saturday, and you would NOT imagine it – Stila was on sale at unimaginably cheap prices! (until now, I’m still in shock!) I was lucky enough to catch them on the last day of their makeup sale, and inflicted some serious damage on my credit card. *smacks self*

One of the items I have been lemming for the longest time has been one of Stila’s Front Cover Lookbook Palettes. These babies usually retail at RM140 per set which is why I’ve never bought one. However, at the sale I saw the exact one I wanted – and at a remarkable bargain price!

Stila Front Cover Lookbook Palette in Look No.4 – it comes with an eyeshadow/cheek colour palette as well as a lip gloss…

I particularly loved the look of the palette…the artwork is just so pretty, no? As with Stila’s paper palettes, it’s held shut by two magnets at either end of the palettes.

The palette includes three eye shadows in Nude (shimmery pink taupe), Icon (shimmery golden pink), Twig (shimmery copper brown with a hint of violet) and a cheek colour in Heat (rich warm rose).


Swatches without flash


Swatches with flash…pretty, isn’t it? :)


The IT Gloss with the set comes in Inviting (shimmery peach)

I usually prefer the more common sponge tip wands or clicker brush tips, but this one is functional enough.

On my skin, the colour looks rather orangey. I wasn’t too sure about the colour swatch on my hand, so I decided to test it on my lips instead – and was pleasantly surprised with the look (and I’m not wearing any other stitch of makeup here, so please, please don’t comment on the splotchy skin!)

The colour comes off as a very sheer gloss with just a smidgen of colour. This would actually go quite nicely over a lipstick or nude lip pencil, don't you think?

I dunno about you, but this little baby was enough to keep me smiling for the rest of the weekend. *grins inanely* How was your Saturday, ladies? :)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:38 am, October 27, 2008 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

I almost cried reading this :( WHY WHY WHY DID I NOT GO TO THE WAREHOUSE SALE? (Connie, you're broke. remember?) *smacks head on table* I'm happy for you :D *smacks head on table again*

 
At 8:17 am, October 27, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

awww you are so lucky!!!!! I love it when your favorite product or the product you've been lemming for is on big big sale!

 
At 9:18 am, October 27, 2008 , Blogger Vivien said...

so how much is this palette ;)

 
At 9:35 am, October 27, 2008 , Blogger Jessie said...

eh u never mentioned how much it is. Or.. maybe you better don't :)

My saturday was spent at MPH and zara w/h sale. So like yours, my wallet is crying

 
At 10:21 am, October 27, 2008 , Blogger daphne said...

sigh... if only we have such good warehouse deals like you girls! =(

 
At 6:46 pm, October 27, 2008 , Blogger Syen said...

Bee dear,

So how much was the palette? =P

 
At 6:59 pm, October 27, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

connie: I won't feel as happy when I see my credit card bill! :p

askmewhats: you got my sentiments exactly!

ho jiak: LOL...darn, should I let the cat out of the bag? I paid less than 50% of the retail price.. :)

jessie: actually didn't wnat to mention the price, but a lot of you seem to be asking hor.. :p

when did you go to the MPH sale? I was there in the afternoon.. :)

daphne: hey, you guys get fab deals too!!

syen: hehe...okay okay...it was RM60..*shh*..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home