Wednesday 13 August 2008

Rimmel London Color Rush Quad Eyeshadow...

I had the opportunity to try a Rimmel London Color Rush Quad Eyeshadow recently, and after trying their Glam’eyes Mascara (and liking it), I was expecting some good things from this. Sad to say, it didn’t quite pass the test.

Description:
Rimmel London Color Rush Quad Eyeshadow features four shades of shadow perfect for highlighting, layering and contouring. The quads are presented in four rich, complementary hues for pure colour impact and blends easily for hours of crease-proof wear.

The Verdict:
The quad I tested was Café Latte, which is a combination of a shimmery white, lilac, a slightly darker shade (close to aubergine) and a matte brown. At first glance, I was quite taken by the shades – they definitely looked very pretty and looked like they would suit my skin tone well. However, once actually testing it out, I had an entirely different opinion. For one, the surface of the powders are HARD! I had to literally scrape at the surface to pick up the colour, and even then it was nothing close to the colour in the pan unless I heaped it on.

As you can see from the swatch above, there’s very little colour (except for the bottom right one, which had a more matte shade and more powdery than the rest) and the bottom left one is barely discernable. This was already based on me twisting my forefinger onto the colour before applying it to my arm, and still barely any colour.

Their US website claims to have a lot of comments that say their users love this, but I beg to disagree. I didn’t like the way it felt on my eyelids…slightly gritty/ powdery, and it just felt quite uncomfortable blinking. Even using a base didn’t help, as I felt like I was rubbing off the base when applying the eyeshadow. Blending was also a big problem since I ended up with stripes on my eyelids – the colours just refused to blend, to the point I had to resort to my Kanebo eyeshadow duo to finish the job. Safe to say, this is not going make my beauty bag anytime soon.

There are eight different colour combinations for the Quad, and the colours are definitely very pretty, but for the price and the quality, I’d rather spend my money on something else. In my opinion, I could literally buy 4 of Elianto’s eyeshadows, plop it in a case and use that instead – it may cost just RM3-4 more, but I’d get a lot more eyeshadow for my money, and the texture would be a lot better (not to mention a better colour pigment!)


Color Rush Quad Eyeshadows by Rimmel London retails for approximately USD8.


Rating: 2 / 5
Value: $

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 12:03 pm, August 13, 2008 , Blogger Tine said...

Oh no! It didn't work for you too? :(

Oh well. Time to pass it on! :p

 
At 12:33 pm, August 13, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh now that's super sheer! :P

 
At 1:07 pm, August 13, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

tine: sigh...the colours were just so pretty, but no cigar... :(

parisb: sheer? more like non-existent..such a shame..

 
At 2:36 pm, August 13, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw too bad it didn't work as it claimed. it may work on someone else perhaps?

 
At 9:32 pm, August 13, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah it didn't work on me either. Other than MAC and a few other more known brands I reckon the rest don't work so well on me. Nowadays due to budget and the fact that I don't want to spend 3 digits on one e/s colour only to throw it before it finishes, I'd go for mineral eyeshadows. Cheap & good. Well, some brands at least.

 
At 10:31 pm, August 13, 2008 , Blogger Olive Poppy said...

Ooo, now that's another brand I'm gonna stay away from. And shouldn't they have put a dark grey to go with the lilac and all?

 
At 8:31 am, August 14, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

Thanks for the honest to goodness review! I hate hard surfaced e/s! Pass! :D

 
At 10:48 am, August 14, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

prettybeautiful: maybe...as with makeup, it's always a case of "one man's meat is another man's poison"

dorphine: I so agree with you - I've found some excellent eyeshadows that cost less than RM30...this one doesn't even come close to making the cut.

missmall: well, to be fair I do like their Glam'eyes mascara, and some of their lippies are decent. And yes, I thought the colour combi was a bit odd (had to justify calling it cafe latte i suppose!)

askmewhats: you and me both! :)

 
At 3:13 am, March 11, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really like it,but that might be i wear the black and grey. they make my blue eyes bluer sorry i disagree with you

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home