Monday 4 August 2008

Meow Cosmetics – IdealEyes…

After receiving my Meow Cosmetic samples in the mail last week, I couldn’t resist taking the mineral eyeshadow samples out to try over the weekend. So, yesterday afternoon, I plonked myself in front of the TV for my weekly dose of CSI, and proceeded to start war-paint myself…teeheehee!

I decided to try five of the IdealEyes first, seeing as I had over 10 colours to slowly try out. The powders were a little tricky to tip into the sifter jars, but I eventually got the hang of it. :)

The contents of one sample pack fit nicely into a 5g sifter jar with space to spare. These jars were USD0.55 each, which is one of the cheapest prices I’ve seen and durable too.

Description:
Meow Cosmetics IdealEyes are pearlized (or, as the site calls them, "purrr-lized"!) shadow colors with sophistication. They're available in a full range of color choices, with a rich, creamy consistency that clings to the brush for easy and smooth application. The range boasts beautiful colors that catch the light with the soft, glowing, velvety sheen of a pearl.

The Verdict:
As far as mineral eyeshadows go I’m not an expert, but I loved the pigment of these IdealEyes as just a dab is sufficient to produce a brilliant hue. The clincher came from my dear grandmother, who was hovering over my shoulder watching with interest as I dabbed the shadows on (probably wondering what on earth I was doing to myself!) and blurted out “You mean you only need SO little of the powder?” Point made.

There was a slight deviation from the hue on the website and the actual colour though, which caused a little concern. However, the shade of the powder is transposed exactly onto skin, so I suppose they can be forgiven (although only just!) for the minor differences. The colour range is absolutely phenomenal – there’s a shade for literally every colour family, and mixing them is effortless.

I’d advise people with oilier eyelids to apply a primer beforehand. As I also have mildly oily lids, I found that lack of a primer would result in creases before lunchtime. For now, the primer I’m using is the Primp & Preen Premiere Puss Primer Combo sample that came together with my order, which works great. (I’ll save that for a separate review later)

Would I get more of these? Oh yeahh…I’ve got another 8 sample packets to dive into, so this stash should last me quite a while…but a girl can never have too much colour in her life!


A sample of IdealEyes (1/8 tsp) is USD1.00, while the full size jar costs USD8.00.


Rating: 3.5 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:51 pm, August 04, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! I'm liking how Graceful Purrl looks! Between you and Tine, I've got this crazy urge to want to go order some mineral makeup now.

 
At 8:33 am, August 05, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

lovely colors!!! I love love love to give them a try! uggghhh upto now..I hate choosing! there's just too many MMU companies out there!

 
At 7:06 pm, August 06, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha yea
i'm liking mineral eyeshadows more than the retail ones. I find it so much easier to apply for some reason. My favs right now are from Silk Naturals, Signature Minerals and Indulgent Cosmetics which I just got 3 days ago.

 
At 1:01 pm, August 13, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

rinnah: hehe...really now...I could pass some samples over to you to try first.. :)

askmewhats: sigh...yeah...and very damaging on the pocket!! :(

delilah: ooh I like Silk Naturals too...how's Indulgent Cosmetics?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home