Wednesday 6 August 2008

The Body Shop Cheek Blush…

During one of the beauty events I attended earlier this year, I was given a full-sized Cheek Blush by The Body Shop as a door gift. I’ve long had an aversion to cream blushes after a rather unpleasant experience getting clown cheeks from my first attempt, so they haven’t made it into my beauty case since then until now.

Description:
The Body Shop Cheek Blush is a modern and innovative moisturizing gel-based cheek color that has a luxurious lightweight texture with long lasting adjustable coverage. Contains Marula oil from the marula tree, native to Southern Africa. The oil is rich in oleic acid, essential to the maintenance of healthy-looking skin. Dermatologically tested.

Directions:
Squeeze a tiny amount directly onto the contour area of the cheeks. Using a make-up sponge (although I prefer using my fingertips), blend until dry. Re-apply for stronger color coverage as desired.

The Verdict:
The shade I got was #04 – Golden Pink, which complemented my skin tone quite nicely. It had rather a solid texture, and I only needed a tiny bit (see second picture above) to create a light shimmery flush (picture above) on my skin. The cream spreads very easily and does not clump, which makes it easy for klutzes like me to maneuver my way around it. If you don’t want to see too much of the shimmer, I’d suggest dusting over it with some loose powder after application.

If you want something slightly more dramatic for a night look, just build up the colour gradually bit by bit until you reach your desired hue. The colour above would actually be quite cool for an evening out, and took just a bit more blush compared to the first picture.

However, I found that it was actually quite hard to squeeze the cream out of the tube, and it was almost quite solid. Perhaps something a little more pliable would have worked better, rather than having me rub off half my foundation while applying blusher (!!). It doesn’t have particularly good lasting power either (even though the shimmer does), so by the time 3+ hours had gone by, there was very little colour left, and I had shimmery cheeks! Hmmm…not the desired effect.

The funny part is, it’s quite brilliant used as an eyeshadow! The pink shimmer used together with a pearl/ gold eyeliner makes your eyes ‘POP’. Top that off with some black mascara, and you get a ‘still waters run deep’ look…hehe…

As far as cheek blushes go, this has helped to alleviate my aversion to cream blushes, and I may give others a try in future since it really is quite fool-proof. In the meantime though, this tube will actually last me quite a while since I only need a tiny bit each time.


The Body Shop Cheek Blush retails at RM42 for a 8ml tube, and is available at all The Body Shop outlets nationwide. Comes in 6 shades worldwide, but if I’m not mistaken, only 3 or 4 are available in Malaysia.


Rating: 3.5 / 5
Value: $$

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:38 am, August 07, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I LOVE the color! I am not a fan of cream blush as I find it a bit hassle and I just love the feeling of the blush brush sweeping my cheeks! but gosh, that color is L-O-V-E-L-Y!

 
At 11:24 am, August 07, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got 2 tubs of the same color! bought the 2nd one at 50% during the recent TBS sale. i agree that the color is not very lasting, but i like it nonetheless (mainly since i have bought 2 pcs, so i shall not waste it)

 
At 12:35 am, August 08, 2008 , Blogger plue said...

i have this in the powder version!
it's really pretty! :D

 
At 12:59 pm, August 13, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: oh yeahhh...I usually use it when I havew a bit of time to spare in the mornings... :)

prettybeautiful: hehe...I saw your review on it - we share a similar opinion on it!

心。葵: ooh..does the powder version have the same shimmer as the cream blush?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home