Tuesday 29 July 2008

Paul & Joe Makeover @ Parkson KLCC Counter…

I’ve been reading about Paul & Joe on Nikki’s site for the longest time now and she’s always raving about it. Well, they finally opened a couple of stores in Malaysia these past few months, and when I was offered a chance to go for a free makeover, why not?

Warning: Scary ‘before’ photo ahead!

Yes, I know I look horrible…blame it on the lack of sleep, and waking up early on a Saturday morning to do this!

I went to their counter at Parkson KLCC, which is set up really nicely. And best of all, the counter girl was really nice! She patiently explained the makeup step by step while I was happily ooh-ing and ahh-ing over the products. After some discussion, we decided to play up the eyes while keeping the rest of the face natural.

The part that I found really hard to sit still for was when she was drawing my eyes and applying the eyeliner – for some reason, I cannot stop myself from blinking when other people are drawing my eyeliner especially when it’s along the lower lid…no problems when it’s DIY, but give someone else the pencil and…*blink blink blink blink blink blink*…arrghh!! Thank God she was patient enough to let me finish my incessant blinking before she continued…and hey, I like what she did for my eyes!


Me like!

The whole makeover session took about 30minutes to complete, and she actually used fresh applicators where possible (like for the mascara and eyeshadow). This was a simple touch, but worth highlighting – it’s little things like this that make all the difference, y’know? And after all that?


Voila! (don’t mind the big forehead, the fringe was refusing to behave)

These are the products she used on me (obviously all Paul & Joe!):-

  • Protective Dual Powder Foundation in 02
  • Eyebrow Pencil in 01
  • Eye Colour Primer in 02
  • Face Color Powder in 054 (eyeshadow)
  • Eyegloss in 05
  • Dual Crayon in 01
  • Undereye Concealer in 02
  • Pressed Powder in 03 and 04
  • Waterproof Curly Mascara in 01
  • Face Color in 06 (blusher)
  • Lipstick in N15
  • Lipgloss in N04


I was absolutely taken by the Lipgloss in N04 (RM76) – it was my favourite shade, and had an amazing texture. I didn’t purchase anything that time around, but gee, it’s been two weeks and I’m STILL dreaming about it! (……must……resist……) She also gave me some free samples of their skincare to try, but more on that later!


What do you all think? Is the look a ‘yay’ or ‘nay’? :)

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 12:25 am, July 30, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like how she did your eyes, it's an aye in my opinion!

 
At 5:53 am, July 30, 2008 , Blogger Tine said...

Oh definitely yay! Love what she did to your eyes. Plus using fresh applicators and all that is always a yay for me :)

 
At 9:12 am, July 30, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never tried anything by P&J but Nikki and now you make me want to give it a go! I like what the MU artist did with the eyes. Very understated yet certainly eye catching. Yay!

 
At 9:14 am, July 30, 2008 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

YAY!!! I love the final touch! The freshnest! Yay, now it's great you were able to give them a try. I do know their products are not the BEST for oily skin, but it works for me and obviously, works for you!!!! What are you eyeing for? I hate makeovers! That's when I got home thinking about it too and calculating my finances! lol

 
At 10:56 am, July 30, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

its definitely a yay! u look gorgeous with their make up.

p/s: me too cnt stop tearing if others are drawing lines on my eyes

 
At 11:12 am, July 30, 2008 , Blogger miemiemie said...

ooh pretty and natural looking :D

 
At 10:11 am, August 01, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

ALL: aww, thanks guys!! I've so got to figure out how to recreate this look now... :p

 
At 1:51 am, August 07, 2008 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

Looks good! Subtle yet attractive

 
At 6:40 pm, May 27, 2009 , Blogger Sherene said...

Hi beetrice :)

Found your blog by random when i was searching for Paul & Joe products review...your makeover is nice :)

 
At 6:58 pm, May 27, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

sherene: thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home