Sunday 23 March 2008

Weekend Shopping…

The weekend’s usually not a good time (for me anyway) to go shopping…heaps of cars, trouble finding parking, queues everywhere. But this weekend was an exception – I was at Midvalley to pick up a wedding present for a friend, and happened by a couple of purchases (that’s where this post comes in, right?)

At Watson’s, I noticed a small table at the front with a whole stack of compacts and makeup, which piqued my interest…

They are currently selling off all their Kanebo products at heavily discounted prices (I think certain lines are being discontinued), so you can imagine my surprise when I saw the prices…

Can you imagine? 40% off? From the original price of RM26.00, I paid only RM15.60 for this duo eyeshadow in a pretty neutral brown – very suitable for daily use. I’ll do a more complete review once I try it out properly, but at first try (ie. fingertip test) the texture’s pretty smooth, so I’m expecting some good things from it. :)

And since I had some time to kill, I dropped by Sasa to pick up a new lipbrush (mine’s gone MIA…just wait till I find that miscreant that ‘borrowed’ it!), and saw the Silkygirl Juicy Fruity Brush-on Lipgloss in Juicy Glitter – at RM13.21 PLUS a 10% discount, it came at a bargain RM11.89.

The part I love about it? It has a built in lipbrush as an applicator…I can’t stand those lipglosses that come with a slanted tip – you end up with way too much or not enough gloss, and whatever colour you applied prior to that ends up bleeding into your gloss (way gross).

Watson’s is discounting all its Kanebo stocks from now until end of the month or while stocks last. Sasa’s sale is also running until 31st March.


Yesiree, I’m a happy chickie this weekend…

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 4:44 pm, March 23, 2008 , Blogger Tine said...

Oooh that's cheap. Too bad I'm not home now or else I'll probably snag me some too :p

Contrary to you choice of lipgloss, I like the ones with the slanted tips. Well, compared to the round ones lah. The latter's the one which is difficult to apply. But yeah, I like the ones with the brush at the end. I don't have to use a lip brush :P

 
At 5:53 pm, March 25, 2008 , Blogger beetrice said...

tine: Well, to each her own.. :) I don't like it when my gloss ends up a different colour than when it started out..teehee..

 
At 11:57 pm, August 13, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the photo it almost looks like we have the same Kanebo e/s duo! But I got the pale lilac-y color, not the brown duo...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home