Monday 25 January 2010

Johnson’s 24 Hour Lasting Moisture Body Lotion…

While doing a bit of last minute shopping in Bangkok’s Siam Paragon before the airport cab arrived, Tine and I were browsing through the sale items in the Paragon Marketplace (quite similar in terms of layout to Pavilion’s Mercato) and came across a new variant of Johnson’s body lotion that we hadn’t seen previously. After taking a whiff of it, I promptly picked up a bottle to bring back, and if memory serves me right, so did Tine! So…was the snap decision a ‘yay’ or a ‘nay’?


Description:
Johnson’s body care – nurtures and cares for you & your skin, to look & feel your beautiful best! 24 Hour Lasting Moisture Body Lotion is a moisture-rich lotion to help stop the 3 signs of dryness. Contains Shea butter to help reduce skin tightness, Vitamin E to help lessen skin flakiness and Jojoba oil to help revive dull-looking skin. Skin is moisturized for 24 hours and feels touchably soft & smooth, just like perfect baby skin.


The Verdict:
Needless to say, the smell was the main factor in picking up this baby – it smells a lot like Johnson’s trademark pink baby lotion, but somehow a little more ‘grown up’. Still very pleasing to the olfactory system though, so it should appeal to most people (unless you have an aversion to the original baby lotion, in which case better take a good sniff to see if you like it first)

The ingredients list shea butter, Vitamin E and jojoba oil as the key moisturising factors in the lotion so I was expecting it to be rather thick, but surprisingly when I squeezed some out the lotion itself was quite light and absorbed rapidly into the skin.

I decided to try it just before I went to sleep and try it overnight in an air-conditioned room to see how well the moisturising factor would hold up (the things we do to test products!) since I was previously using Origins A Perfect World Intensely Hydrating Body Cream with White Tea and that’s a rather rich cream.

In the morning, I was pleasantly surprised – my skin remained relatively smooth and soft despite the dry air, which just goes to show you can’t really judge a lotion by its texture. That said, I really do like its light airy texture since it disappears into my skin really fast and I can apply it on the go. I may not be a big fan of pink items in my handbag, but I’m sorely tempted to slip it into my bag just because it’s such a darling to have around.

I haven’t seen it in the local pharmacies yet, but I reckon it’s just a matter of time seeing as they listed Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Philippines as the importers on the back of the bottle. It had better be soon, cos I’m fast running out of this!!




Johnson’s 24 Hour Lasting Moisture Body Lotion is available in a 200ml bottle and is available at most major retail stores and pharmacies in Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore and Philippines. Prices may vary from country to country (I got mine for approximately RM12 after conversion from THB)


Rating: 4.5 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:03 pm, January 25, 2010 , Anonymous Tine said...

Haha you beat me to the review; I was going to do this one too! :P

I give this one many many many thumbs up. L-OOOOO-VE!

 
At 11:05 pm, January 25, 2010 , Blogger knitties said...

I saw this at Watsons today so you can probably stock up :-)

 
At 7:17 am, January 26, 2010 , Anonymous rinnah said...

ooo... i quite like the johnson's baby smell... i wanna check this out! :D

 
At 9:48 am, January 26, 2010 , Blogger Nen said...

i bought mine last weekend at watsons (cebu, philippines) and liking it. :) always have it in my bag.

 
At 12:36 pm, August 28, 2012 , Blogger tiffany_keep_going said...

I used up a bottle and wrote a review about this too :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home