Thursday 24 September 2009

Kiehl’s Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser – Pear Tree Corner…

After trying out Kiehl’s Gently Exfoliating Body Scrub in ‘Grapefruit’ which worked well but left me disappointed on the scent front, some readers suggested trying the Pear Tree Corner variant of the scrub. Since I already had an almost full tube of the grapefruit one, I passed on the Pear Tree Corner scrub, but remembered reading about the Pear Tree Corner shower gel on My Women Stuff and ended up picking the Pear Tree Corner Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser (I have to stop reading Paris’ site…REALLY…she’s disastrous for my pocketbook!!) since the first whiff had me swooning in the shop.


Description:
Kiehl’s Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser “Pear Tree Corner” with plant protein and sodium PCA is a refreshing, gentle, yet effective cleanser for the body. Formulated with humectants to help skin maintain its moisture. Used in the shower or bath, our formula leaves skin clean with a lovely texture.


The Verdict:
I guess the statement in the first picture said it all – I love love LOVE the smell! It reminds me of those juicy pears I used to love sinking my teeth into when I was younger. I used to pass over the crunchy yellow pears from China and zoom in on the green…err…pear-shaped ones, especially those that yielded slightly under gentle pressure. More often than not, they were just nice after being left to ripen for a few days, which had me many a time happily nibbling one in front of the TV after dinner…gosh, I’m already dreaming of those pears just writing this!

I noticed that the bottle that Paris tried and the one that I got had different labels – I believe that hers was from a previous batch when Pear Tree Corner was first introduced as a ‘Limited Edition’ collection, and proved popular enough to be incorporated into their regular range (for the time being at least, since my bottle doesn’t mention Limited Edition anywhere…yay!!)


This has been giving me absolutely dreamy showers in the morning – okay, maybe not the desired effect when you’re trying to drag your eyelids open, but it smells so good I simply don’t want to get out of the shower. Damn, this is more addictive than crack!! Texture-wise the solution is rather liquidy and it doesn’t lather up much, but the amount in my palm above suffices when used with a pouf.

A 250ml bottle retails at RM60 which is a bit on the high end for a body cleanser, but what price would you put on something that conjures up thoughts that are nothing but pleasant? For me, I'd probably be a bit more restrained with the amount I use, but I'd still get it nonetheless. :)


Ingredients: Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Parfum/Fragrance, Glyceryl Oleate, Coco-Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Sodium Benzoate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Benzyl Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, PEG-30 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Sodium PCA, Aloe Barbadensis/Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Hydroxide Fmla

Now the million dollar question is – Kiehl’s, can you pretty please (with lots of sugar on it) come up with a Pear Tree Corner fragrance? I’ll buy up the lot if it smells like the cleanser!! :D


Kiehl’s Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser is available at all Kiehl’s outlets nationwide, and retails at RM60 for a 250ml bottle.


Rating: 5 / 5
Value: $$

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:19 pm, September 24, 2009 , Blogger plue said...

a pear scent, now that sounds yummy!

am a little bored with our normal selection of either florals or citrus, though i still love my pink grapefruit, but a hint of pear-y scent would be great!

might just pick this up, when I have extra cash!

and u n Paris's blog are no help lo! always manage to stir up a bit of lemmings!

 
At 10:23 pm, September 24, 2009 , Blogger Life's Simple Pleasures said...

Ahaha...welcome to the PTC family! You did listen to me! And others of course. It really is a lovely scent. I want the whole range now. And ditto on the fragrance bit! It should make for a wonderful fragrance!

Some outlets still have the LE version. I've seen it at Pavilion. Not sure if it is still there though.

 
At 10:57 pm, September 24, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

You made me want to try this!!!!!

 
At 11:00 am, September 25, 2009 , Anonymous prettybeautiful said...

eiyer bee. reading your blog will also break my bank :P

 
At 11:04 am, September 25, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

plue: not to say i'm bored with the selection here, but finding a little spark of excitement now and then keeps things interesting hor? :D

abby: LOL yeah, you also egging me to get it! I don't really mind which bottle I get, as long as it has the PTC scent I want. :)

askmewhats: LOL...you should! Just take a whiff....*reels in hook, line and sinker*

prettybeautiful: looks like we're all terrible for each other - if want to save money, I'll probably have to stop reading all your blogs! LOL...

 
At 1:52 pm, September 25, 2009 , Blogger PB said...

Mmmm.... pear tree corner! My favourite of all Kiehl's body washes :D

 
At 11:15 pm, September 30, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

parisb: oh you bad influence!! :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home