Friday 18 September 2009

Brand’s® InnerShine® Balance – The Results…


Remember I said I’d check back in after finishing the 12-day course of Brand’s® InnerShine® Balance? Well, it’s a bit later than I expected since other things got in the way, but here’s my thoughts after going through two weeks’ worth (I took a bottle every day except Sunday for two weeks).

Improved digestive system
This is probably one of the most obvious things I noticed when taking InnerShine® Balance – usually when dealing with the likes of carbohydrates, I end up having that ‘haven’t quite digested’ feeling for a good day afterwards. But while taking InnerShine® Balance, no problems! Even *cough* bowel movements *cough* were easier, and I didn’t have those ‘I want to hide in trackpants because my pants are tight’ days.

Better skin
Hmm…I don’t know if this should be attributed to InnerShine® Balance or the Estee Lauder ANR I was testing out at the time, but my skin did look a lot better while I was taking a bottle a day. The downside? Immediately after stopping InnerShine® Balance, I had two whoppers pop up around my chin area which took a week to clear…dammit!

Increased energy levels
Hoo boy…now I know what Xin meant by being super-energized on InnerShine® Balance…I was happily zooming around (even outstation!) not to mention coming across as ‘super-awake’ at 7.30am, and if you know me, that’s literally unheard of! (My brain usually doesn’t start functioning until 9.00am at LEAST, hence any responses prior to that are either a garbled mumble or dead silence). An ex-colleague I met with during this time likened me to an ‘Energizer bunny on crack’…hmm…now if only this energy could be channeled into doing actual work…LOL…

Sadly, after returning to my regular habits the energy levels have dipped somewhat, and presently while typing this out I’m feeling rather…lethargic. Errrgghh…

Taste-wise, I found this rather cloying for my tastebuds, but downing a chilled bottle of it every morning followed immediately with a glass of cold water helped (not to mention boosted my liquid intake). At approximately RM23.90 per box of 6 bottles, this is not something I can maintain indefinitely but it’s certainly something to keep in mind the next time I need the extra boost.

Hmm…actually, considering the long list of activities I have lined up for this long Raya weekend, that may not be a bad idea. Anyone want to join me? :)


Rating: 4.5 / 5
Value: $$

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 9:16 pm, September 18, 2009 , Anonymous sherry said...

nice review, gonna try it when got money :)

 
At 10:29 am, September 19, 2009 , Blogger Shortcake said...

I used take alot of the classic brand's essence, felt like an energiser bunny, really. I think they actually increase your metabolic rate or something, which was great, but yeah, this is seriously an expensive way to maintain energy level! Hmmm ... I'm curious to try this too... good post Bee!

 
At 12:14 am, September 20, 2009 , Anonymous xin said...

yeah bee :( now im like a deadfish everyday again.

SIGH

 
At 3:20 pm, September 24, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

sherry: oh do! let me know how it works for you! :)

shortcake: the chicken essence one tasted weird to me, so hard to maintain..this one tastes much nicer! :D expensive energy boost, but i like it...eeeps...

xin: i felt so listless after stopping it that i caved in and bought another two boxes...taking it every 2-3 days! :p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home