Sunday 22 February 2009

Metrojaya Mega Sale Preview – Clinique Haul…

Metrojaya has got one nifty way of keeping you loyal to their privilege card program for sure. The card expires every one-and-a-half years, which is a fair bit more than the others that expire annually. At the end of the period, they send you a lovely mailer with the points you’ve accumulated and what you’re entitled to receive (which in my case this time was a RM50 voucher), but only if you renew your Metrojaya Privilege card (MJP) for another year and a half.

Of course, this is also usually done right before their mega sales, which is even more of a driving factor to get in for their preview day…and bonus gifts.

Sure enough, about a week after I got my form to renew my MJP the flyer for the Metrojaya Preview Day arrived. The Clinique set looked too good to resist, and I DID need a new supply for my Moisture Surge.

I dropped by the Clinique counter to check out the prices a couple of days before the preview, and to check out the SA there. I had previously gotten horrible experiences with Clinique SAs, and was quite wary of who I’d encounter, but this time I was pleasantly surprised. The SA wasn’t fantastic, but at least a LOT better than the last one I met at the Clinique counter in Jusco Midvalley.

Come Preview Day, this is what I picked up – two 50ml tubs of Moisture Surge, and a 40ml tube of City Block Sheer SPF 25. A girl can’t do without her sunblock and moisturiser, right? :)

This time, the Clinique Bonus was really good. Too good to be true? Not at all…

The box was stuffed well with paper – I felt like a little kid opening it up!

Contents of the 7-pc set – Take the Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips (50ml), 7-Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula (75ml), Liquid Facial Soap Mild (50ml), All About Eyes Rich (7ml), Clinique Colour Palette, Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion (30ml) and High Impact Mascara…*whew*

This was what got me to pick up the set in the first place…the palette!

Clinique Colour Palette – Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Plum and Beach and Blushing Blush Powder Blush in (what’s with all the ‘blush’ words?!?) Bashful Blush…

The SA also gave me a sample of their Pore Minimiser refining serum to try – it’s a 15ml sample too, which is pretty generous.


After this experience, I may just have to revise my opinion of Clinique’s SAs…but let’s see how things go.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 4:23 pm, February 22, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

wow the gifts look wonderful!! :) yay for clinique :)

 
At 6:00 pm, February 22, 2009 , Blogger Kahani said...

OOh nice and the palette does look great for Spring/summer.

Argh Clinique SAs always bug me as they're so eager to use that "Clinique computer" and tell you what you already know. Plus when I declined to have my skin 'computerised" for the hundreth time. This scary old SA in Parkson 1U actually snapped at me and asked "how I know I want Superfit then". For that attitude alone I walked all the way over to JJ in the old wing.

 
At 9:27 pm, February 22, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

you were there??!! Didn't notice you. I was working at the La Mer counter whole day. Lol!

 
At 12:48 am, February 23, 2009 , Blogger akiki said...

i always had good and nice experiences at clinique counters, except jusco mid valley. yes, what a coincident.
so, i guess it's just the SA problem, and i never went back. SAs at other counters were really helpful and friendly, even though i did not make any purchases

 
At 7:34 pm, February 23, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

askmewhats: this time it was really worth it! :)

kahani: you know me and purple! :D but *ouch* to your nasty experience - some of the others are just plain rude, which is why I try as far as possible to get my Clinique stuff from o/seas...UK was just LOVELY!

connie: ahhh?? you were? i didn't see you either! :O

akiki: i don't think it was because they were outright rude - the part that turned me off was that they make you feel like you're bothering them if you don't buy anything?

the best SAs have a genuine smile and know how to make you come back again and again, even if you don't make purchases. :)

 
At 5:36 pm, February 24, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good haul. Yep, it's always good to have moisturisers and sunscreens :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home