Tuesday 17 February 2009

Powder Pop! by Benefit…

When Sephora first released Benefit Powder Pop!, I was totally desperate to get my hands on one…to the point that I was literally harassing my US friends to see if they could get me one. Then again, after all that fuss (and definitely not for the lack of trying), none of those bids came through. I’m pretty glad though, because I finally discovered a small stash of it at the Benefit warehouse sales last year, and at a fraction of the price I would have paid too!! :)

So, what’s my take on the limited-edition Powder Pop! by Benefit?

Description:
Powder Pop! by Benefit is a box filled with 5g each of three of its most popular face powders – Hoola, Dallas and Dandelion. For those that can’t make up their mind which one to try, this is the perfect solution.

The Verdict:
Can you see why I fell in love at first sight with this little box? :) Okay, so the design’s absolutely adorable, but aside from that the Powder Pop! comes with a mini brush as well which works perfectly with the powders. The reason I wanted to get the Powder Pop! is because the description above fit me perfectly…LOL…

I could not bring myself to purchase three entire boxes of powder just because I liked all three, and already had quite a collection of blushes at home, so this one solved my problem once and for all.

Dallas is a combination between blush and bronzer, and gives a rosy flushed look with an underlying hint of a sun-kissed look. Out of the three, this is my favourite since it goes on just the tiniest bit shimmery and suits my skintone to a T. Hoola is a matte bronze colour which is great for contouring, but not much else. I liked it when I first saw it, maybe since I was a little more tan then, but now…sigh…it’s sort of lost its appeal. But no fear, I found a way around it which I’ll share later… :)

Last but not least, Dandelion is a light shimmery pink colour. It doesn’t really show up in the picture, but is enough to give a pinkish hue. This is perfect for lighter skinned girls as you won’t end up with clown cheeks if you apply too much! :D

Now, for the little trick I discovered to use up my Hoola – I apply Hoola to my cheeks first to emphasise my cheekbones, after which I follow with a dusting of Dandelion. The combination works perfectly to bring out a ‘slimmer’ face without looking made up (and with me, anything that will slim the face is good!) This works best for square and round faces though…those with long faces should avoid it as your face will look ‘pulled down’ rather than slim.

I’m pretty glad I got the Powder Pop!, and even happier that I waited to get it. Why? Because in the US, it retailed for USD28-30, but I bought it for only RM50 on sale…so we all know what the bottom line is – BARGAIN! :)


Rating: 4 / 5
Value: $$$

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 10:05 pm, February 17, 2009 , Blogger plue said...

fuh! so nice!
i wish got benefit sale lagi~ :P den i can go buy that foundation i've wanted so long!

 
At 10:46 pm, February 17, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

I'm still strangling myself for not being able to make it to the sale :( when oh when will they have another!!!

I loved Dallas. Dandelion wasn't right for me but Georgia was. Quite unfortunate that the pop powder doesn't come with georgia :(

 
At 10:53 pm, February 17, 2009 , Blogger Connie De Alwis said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:22 pm, February 17, 2009 , Blogger AskMeWhats said...

I love bargain! and this definitely is a huge bargain!!!! Lovely color payoff!

 
At 9:15 am, February 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice!!! 3 in 1 to let u try out all. when will the benefit sale be here again? :(

 
At 12:42 pm, February 18, 2009 , Blogger PB said...

They didn't have this one anymore at the sale I went for after that. That's a great deal and really cute packaging too! It reminds me I should dig out my Dandelion soon.

 
At 8:31 pm, February 18, 2009 , Blogger beetrice said...

plue: from experience, the foundations I've seen at these sales are usually the colours no one else wants (ie. the leftovers) so be careful when buying those!

connie: suggest it to the Benefit people? ;) and tell them that we want more sales too!!

askmewhats: I guessed this would've caught your eye eh Nikki? ;)

prettybeautiful: sorry la girl, I also dunno...must keep eyes and ears open, but I'll definitely let you know if I find out! :)

parisb: really? the betty brushes were going like hotcakes until they jacked up the price for the next sale! :s bummer...

 
At 10:04 pm, February 18, 2009 , Blogger plue said...

aiks! oh god, i better go test my colour first den see got or not :P

i want benefit sales....

 
At 11:33 pm, February 18, 2009 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish Benefit would hold their next warehouse sale near where I work! Hahaha...=)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home